Chan Eunice Grace

Tuesday, March 17, 2009

iN2015 and COTF

After looking at the video of iN2015 and viewing Classroom of the Future, I'm amazed and at the same time, traumatized? ha.

iN2015
  1. Most of the things would be controlled by voice. For example, we can just say "screens on" or "on the television" and everything would be switched on/off according to our instructions (via voice).

  2. People of different languages can communicate easily via a quick and accessible translator. This helps to break down language barriers and allow transfer of information to be faster.

  3. Taxi drivers or anyone can read news instantly from this cool device and receive messengers from one another instantly.

  4. A special 'spectacle' also allows one to see information clearly and able to communicate with another party. It also allows communication via voice.

  5. Technology allows drivers to note the various parking places and slots.

  6. Students are able to consult virtual professors on field trips and obtain relevant information that they need on the spot. They are able to transfer information to each other rapidly as well.

  7. It allows shoppers to test the various cosmetic products on a model and see if the colour suits them.

  8. It allows patients to be aware of their health condition.
iN2015 video makes me feel that the future world is going to be so robotic in future!!!! I seriously do not mind upgrading myself, however, if everything were to be controlled by voice, I'm highly uncomfortable with that right now. It seems as though everyone is progressing at such a fast pace and in the end, all of us would end up being lazy. Also, if technology is so advanced, would teachers be replaced one day?

Classroom of the Future

COTF visit was a great experience for me as well. I particularly like the idea of taking attendance using the small little device. Heh. In this way, it does not have to be manual and it is more convenient. Besides that, there was another station where we could capture the posters and advertisements from the small device too! Personally, the preparation that NIE has given us for such environment is minimal. Even right now, we're exposed to the normal teaching methods, taking aside e-learning activities. Tutorials are conducted in more teacher-centered manner. I also do not feel adequate enough to conduct such IT-savvy lessons in future. Again, one of the fears that I have is that would teachers be replaced by technology in future.

To prepare myself for the learning environment ahead, I guess the only thing that I can do right now is to change my mindset, otherwise, I would not be able to progress further. Ha.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home